Tuesday 6 April 2010

I'm Just Sayin'

We all have a lot to whinge about, tear our hair out over or feel anxious about. But sometimes, someone does something awesome for you and you just feel...blessed. No, I haven't won the lottery or gotten The Call (yet) or even discovered the cure for cancer.

I'm just sayin'...every now and then, you have to sit back and count your blessings. This weekend I spent time with family and some friends I hadn't seen for a long time, some for years, and just relaxing over good food and laughing for no reason felt really good.

No doubt all the things that make life less palatable for all of us will creep in soon (starting with the return to the day job tomorrow, eeep!), but for now, I for one am hanging on to the positive. Oh, and basking in the lovely crits I got from my awesome crit partners.

Sometimes, it's all good. You know?

7 comments:

  1. You are so right, Maya. We should all be more 'glass half full, rather than glass half empty'. I definitely need to remember that advice this week.

    As for praising your work, how can we not when your writing is so fantastic? You rock, Maya Minx!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much, Jo! I need to take my own advice as well as the flu's got me in its grip and I'm feeling seriously meeeh at the mo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you thought those crits were lovely. It's so hard to know if you're crossing that fine line between trying too hard to find something to crit and saying "this is awesome stuff" and being a useless critter. (BTW, you fall in the awesome stuff category).

    Glad you had a great weekend. It makes Monday mornings so much more bearable to know you've at least done something pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Romy (awesome is great, lol). And no lines crossed whatsoever. Every point is well received and very much appreciated.

    Yeah, Easter was great. Started falling off the optimism wagon yesterday when the flu set in and even though it seems here to stay, I spoke to my Mum today (it's her birthday) and I'm feeling blessed again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with The Waiting. Nice to connect with you on eharlequin. You have my sympathies!!

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the flu, btw. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane, good to see you "here". Yeah, the waiting sucks big time, and so does the flu! At least the end's in sight for the latter. Wish I could say the same about the former *sigh*

    ReplyDelete