Friday 11 December 2009

HP Contest Winners Announced!

And no, I wasn't one of them, or even a runner up! I sort of knew yesterday it wasn't going to happen when my phone remained silent, but it didn't stop the hope from building.

Writing for Harlequin Presents has always been my dream so this particular "rejection" hurts a little bit more.

But I won't lose hope. They've still got my requested full from last year's competition so there's something to look forward to! And who knows I might get another request from this year's competition (unless they never got my comp entry in the first place. Yes, that thought has crossed my mind, more than once, as has the thought that maybe I was disqualified for sending it twice!).

Anyway, commiserations to the 537 other entrants who weren't picked. Here's to hoping we get some sort of feeback, as promised by the editors.

A rather despondent,

Maya

9 comments:

  1. Hi Maya, so sorry you didn't have better news. I didn't get feedback or a comps slip from either comp and I still made it. I'm sure you'll get there too.

    Try not to be too bummed, or just drink some wine. It's really not a rejection, as much as it might feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of us in the same boat, Maya - so don't despair. And you did much better than most in the last comp to get a request. Fingers crossed you'll get feedback this time, too.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Maya. I know you want this contract. Keep at it, you're a great writer and if they don't see it, someone will. Besides, do you want to wait another year to hear about this contest like last years? Maybe if last years leads to a contract, you can forget the contest since you'll have an editor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, thanks ladies! I'm sort of getting over it, although there are some on the iheartpresents site who are quite upset. I did shoot off a prodding email yesterday about my full mss and got the generic "we'll get back to you shortly" reply. So, we'll see. For now, it's onward and upward. Have a good weekend everyone.

    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eep! It's something over there, Maya! Glad you're feeling better, and glad you followed up again.

    I hope someone gets back to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It certainly is getting tense over there! And I am feeling better, thanks. The muse is musing about a sheikh story that could work, once I figure out how to deepen the conflict, so we'll see.

    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there, chica. (whoa, I just typed "chia" and almost missed it - must be thinking of getting a Chia Pet for somebody as a gift, LOL). Your ship will come in, and who knows? It might be a luxury cruiseliner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks chica! Like the sound of that luxury cruiseliner, although if you could make it a 200 ft yacht with a shirtless Italian hunk-o-rama, I'd love you forever (not that I don't now) but I'd love you, you know, more ;). Over on the HP site people are posting that they've started receiving form rejects, but so far, my inbox remains empty, so maybe there's hope. Or maybe by typing this, I've gone and totally jinxed myself!

    Ah, what the hell?

    Maya *pressing send*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Maya....heard anything yet?? I'm hoping you get positive feedback!

    ReplyDelete